Connecting toilet pan to cast iron elbow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a down stairs toilet which has a cast iron elbow connecting the toilet pan to the soil pipe in the floor. The Elbow is cemented/lead loaded in place so don't really want to start messing around with removing it. The problem is the toilet is then connected into the other end of the elbow with a mixture of packers/sealant to seal to a standard pan connector. This looks rubbish and is leaking, any idea if you can get a standard connector to go into the elbow to connect to the pan or do I have to cement in a piece of pipe to connect the pan coupling into. Does this make sense?

Sponsored Links
andy.. do you mean that the spigot, that is ceramic outlet on the pan goes into an plastic pan connector, which in turn goes into the cast pipe??? if so the rubber seal on the pan connector is too narrow to form an effective seal on the cast iron pipe. The gungey bits to which you refer are probably a mixture of silicone, plumbers putty and the like which looks awful and is inadequate to form an effective seal. The cast pipework is also probably corroded and flakey no doubt???

That is exactly it, sorry for not being clear. The seal for the plastic pan connector into the cast iron elbo is made up of all sorts any ideas?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
andy250 said:
Hi I have a down stairs toilet which has a cast iron elbow connecting the toilet pan to the soil pipe in the floor. . The problem is the standard pan connector. can get a standard connector to go into the elbow to connect to the pan Does this make sense?
you won`t get a standard one to fit ....but if you can remove pan and measure I.D of cast pipe ......you`ll probably get a Multikwick to fit from their range.....but don`t expect to get a non standard one over the counter

Ok thanks for the help will measure it up, just thought this is something which would be a fairly standard problem.

Thanks looks ecxcellent any idea where I can buy one from and should I cut the collar off the end of the cast iron elbow?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back