Connecting Two Flexi Pipes? Isolation Valve?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm in the process of replacing a basin monobloc tap with another.
The previous had copper pipe going to the tap which connected to an isolation valve and then to a Flexi pipe.

The new unit has Flexi pipe from the tap which I need to connect to another piece of Flexi pipe. What is the best way of connecting? Would an isolation valve work or is there something with two flat ends that would work better?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Are you trying to connect two braided flexible hoses together ? Why can't the flexible hose that comes with the tap connect directly to the supply pipework ,via an isolation valve and tap tail adaptor ?

If you want to do a proper job ,extend the copper supply pipes and fit an isolation valve on each. You can then fit into each isolation valve ,a tap tail adapter ( which has a flat mating surface ). Your taps Flexi hose screws directly onto the tap tail adapter.

As said extend the copper or if you don`t want to do that then buy longer flexi`s. Wouldn`t join two myself.

Thanks all
If you want to do a proper job ,extend the copper supply pipes and fit an isolation valve on each. You can then fit into each isolation valve ,a tap tail adapter ( which has a flat mating surface ). Your taps Flexi hose screws directly onto the tap tail adapter.

I'll look into this - would likely have to get someone in as I've no experience extending copper piping so would be better done by a professional I think.

Unfortunately previous copper tails won't fit the new tap, however, I could possibly buy some (like these)?

https://www.bes.co.uk/copper-monobloc-tap-tails-m10-x-15mm-19800/

Hard to be sure ,but it looks like a radiator tail in between iso and flexible hose. They do have a flat surface ,if that's what it is. No need for the PTFE tape though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back