Connecting Waste Pipe Fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, first time poster here!

I have recently bought a McApline V33WM so that I can connect two appliances to our waste trap. The problem is the connections are both the same so I can't screw them together... See photos attached.

Is there some sort of in-between connection I can buy to enable me to connect these two things together?

Thanks so much for any help =)

Sponsored Links
It's designed to fit onto a vertical standpipe / trap set up. Is that a trap under a sink that you are trying to connect to ,with the v33 in a horizontal position ?

Hi Terry,

Yes that’s right it’s horizontal and yes it’s the trap under the sink, originally there was a single waste connection here which I was hoping to replace with a double.

Have I bought the wrong thing?

What would you suggest?

thanks so much for your help.

Sponsored Links
I assume the sink is just a single bowl ? What dilalio linked to above would do for that.

Thanks so much both of you =)

This is the current set up so assuming would be a straight swap?

B5720BEC-7E00-4C44-A659-57D07046257C.jpeg

Probably. Although it's possible that the grey waste pipe may not line up,could be a different height to the inlet of the new trap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back