Double waste conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - I’m plumbing a dishwasher in for my brother, he’s currently only got a washing machine and therefore a single waste fitting into the traps under the sink.

I bought one of these to enable a double waste:

https://plumbingheatingsuppliesuk.c...MIooylo9Cc3QIViOJ3Ch18rAqTEAQYASABEgKHWvD_BwE

but when I’ve come to fit it, the connection into the existing waste means it is positioned horizontal, and as I’ve found it’s got an air vent in the top meaning it just leaks the water out in that position, so I’m guessing it HAS to be vertical.

Can I just put an elbow from the existing waste and connect this double connection, or does it have to be on the vertical drop from the sink?

Sponsored Links
The part you have is designed to fit on top of a standpipe ,not to integrate into a waste set up under a sink. You need a totally different thing altogether. Like screwfix code 33137 which is one type for example.

The part I quoted above is basically the same as what you have ,but it has two nozzles. Regards Terry.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Terry - apologies not sure if you edited your post but I didn’t see the last sentence when I first viewed the post.

I’ll have a look again tomorrow but not sure there is room for that setup youve suggested. Was hoping I could just use the existing connection.

Its a floplast product ,like what you have, should be a straight forward job.

Cheers Terry. I just provided the links as a best representation of what I’m working with so might not be those exact fittings but appreciate that’s all you’ve got to work with as well :)

If there’s nothing that will fit into that side fitting then I’m sure I can swap for what you’ve suggested, just more modification that I thought would be needed.

Thanks both - this did the trick with some small adjustments to the cupboard.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back