Connector for a WC float valve

lots of stuff coming into the UK ,that is junk .by the way rich what you are calling a spigot is not , in plumbing terms .which I think has probably misled some of our fellow posters.glad your sorted mate

Sponsored Links
Hi Terry, the valve that I've just bought from Plumb Center doesn't look any better apart from the brass threaded inlet and that cost almost as much as I paid for the complete concealed cistern set.

Sorry about the terminology used but I have an engineering background so anything that sticks out and locates in something else is a spigot, what's it called in plumbing terms?

Richard

[QUOTE="RichD1, post: 3922338, member: 2012

Sorry about the terminology used but I have an engineering background so anything that sticks out and locates in something else is a spigot, what's it called in plumbing terms?

Richard[/QUOTE]
so engineers refer to there u know what as a SPIGOT ..,plumbers refer to cocks ,drain cocks ,stop cocks...:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:..sorry I couldn't resist it

@terryplumb I like flange also!

OP, this is why I asked for pics as what you have was not what I was picturing from your description.

You had a swivel elbow which is right. The fact it didn't fit was wrong but...

If you paid as much for a proper valve as you did for the toilet set then you have to get that things are going to be a little..... Off shall we say?

A side entry float valve should be no more than £30 odd quid!

Jon

Sponsored Links
Jon , 30 quid for a side entry float valve ...jeez thats expensive mate is it a typo error ?

Jon , 30 quid for a side entry float valve ...jeez thats expensive mate is it a typo error ?

Expense is proportionate. If I don't have to warranty anything, pick it up, drive back and fit it, end up replacing a couple of washers and possibly mess about with the donut and buggered up screws.

Think that's expensive? I put labour on that! Wouldn't mess about for less than £110 to change one including the parts.

Jon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back