Conservatory beyond hope?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our connie is sturdy in its own right, but several of the dg units have failed. I am investigating whether I need to replace the whole thing or not.

Setting aside the fact that its so old the panes are fitted from the outside (who ever thought THAT was a good idea?!?!?) I have the issue that I think the seals around the glass have all but gone south.

The black rubber on the inside is all sticky, and I'm not sure I'll be able to get the old units out without destroying them. (see pic). Are the rubber seals replaceable too?

IMG_20210513_185302.jpg

Sponsored Links
Yes Double glazed sealed units replaceable, gaskets also replaceable. Can't tell from the picture if its a rubber gasket or a double sided foam gasket.

Most externally glazed upvc frames are more secure than you think, especially if they have wedge gasket on the internal face. I will admit that I have seen some awful Externally glazed windows too , that would be incredibly easy to break in through!

Yes Double glazed sealed units replaceable, gaskets also replaceable. Can't tell from the picture if its a rubber gasket or a double sided foam gasket.

Most externally glazed upvc frames are more secure than you think, especially if they have wedge gasket on the internal face. I will admit that I have seen some awful Externally glazed windows too , that would be incredibly easy to break in through!
Thanks. The black stuff is very sticky and feels like rubber that's degraded. Reluctant to take out a unit without being confident it will go back in! i'll look into the seals as a separate item online somewhere.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back