Conservatory ceiling centre dome replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My 20yr old conservatory has a ceiling fan. It has been previously mounted by screwing it to the uPVC ceiling dome covering centre of the roof (by the previous owners of the house).The dome has cracked, due to vibrations and weight of the ceiling fan.

I have an alternative method of mounting the ceiling fan but would like to replace the dome cover. I have searched the internet but cannot find anything like it.

I include photos of the dome and its location.

Can anyone please advise a) what this "dome" thing is technically called and b) where I can get a replacement.

Many thanks

Harry

Sponsored Links
Id' have thought it was just some sort of cover that came with the ceiling fan to hide the fixings. The fan manufacturer may be able to help.

Its called a crown.........strangely enough, heres a link to the first site i found on google, not nessesarily the same as what you have but it will give you and idea, trouble with old systems and certainly in the DG trade things become obselete very quickly so you may have to retro fit a newer type/style.

http://www.sheerlite.co.uk/crown.htm

Thanks for the replies.

The "crown" is not part of the fan. The fan has a metal bracket (which normally would mount with screws into a joist). The problem is it is fastened to this crown and therefore has cracked it.

I will search further on the internet for a suitable replacement.

Sponsored Links
Hi Harry. I know its been 3 years since the subject was mentioned but did you ever find a replacement dome. I have exactly the same problem. and need to purchase the same dome you had?

hope its ok.

Tony

Hi TONYJCANT

3 years! Time goes so fast.

A kind builder gave/sent me a dome they had spare and it was exactly the same type.

I was not able to find anywhere to buy a replacement.

Sorry, hope you have some luck finding one.

Harry

You could purchase a suitable size white food mixing/storage bowl and drill hole for centre fixing. ;)

I Understand what your'e saying but I think the plastic is very strong on the original and i was believing they were a common item, obviously not.

I have got someone to repair the dome with fibreglass and plastic glue, its looking good so far.

if anybody does know of these items let me know.

thanks

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back