conservatory condensation?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had a new conservatory built and the last few mornings the roof and windows have been covered in condensation, any thought as to overcome this as we were hoping to use this space as an extra sitting room throughout the year?
The brochure did state that the conservatory increases living space etc, should I approach the builder?

Sponsored Links
Best bet is to ventilate it , heat it and get yourself some cheap crystal dehumidifiers

What do you think the builder would do?

My conservatory has narrow sliding vents above each window. I always thought these were fitted as standard.......obviously not.

Where is this condensation, on the glass inside or outside, is it all over the frames as well, is it dripping from the roof, pooling on the window cills?

You say you just had it built, how old is it? Days, weeks, months?

Sponsored Links
Where is this condensation, on the glass inside or outside, is it all over the frames as well, is it dripping from the roof, pooling on the window cills?

You say you just had it built, how old is it? Days, weeks, months?

Cement floor is 4weeks old and plastering was finished 8 days ago.
All condensation is on the inside of double glazed windows and roof, not on the frames or cills.

Yep just as I thought, still a lot of moisture coming out certainly from the plaster especially on these damp days its taking a little longer to dry, couple of months back you'd have been laughing.

Lots and lots of ventilation. Windows open on at least two sides for a through-flow of air.

As we are in a cold spell, close the doors into the house to protect it from cold and damp.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back