Conservatory radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There

I am going to put a rad into my conservatory. I currently have 15mm pipes in my house and was considering running microbore to the rad in the conservatory in JG push fit pipe under the floor.

Will the microbore reduce the performance of the rad?
I was planning to put in a conduit before screed. I havent used plastic under screed before and would like some advice please.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I believe that adding a radiator to a conservatory also requires other things - such as it being installed as an independent zone with its own programmer/stat. That's if you want it all legitimate of course.

As for your actual question, it's best not to mix and match pipe sizes too much.

It depends on how big your radiator is... You can only get so much heat down any given size of pipe..

Sponsored Links
Yes you will have to have the conservatory seperately zoned with its own time and temperature control.

10mm pipe, will, at best, only carry around 3Kw of heat efficiently. Less if it's a long run.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back