10 mm copper pipe special or not

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Gents,
I need some more advice please, Before the conservatory people screed my new floor they said i can run my radiator pipework (10mm) on the base before they do the final top screed.
Do i have to buy any special copper pipe ? if not can the 10mm be laid direct under the screed, OR does it have to be sleeved, If so in what.? conduit, hose etc.
Also i will be exiting into the conservatory about half way of the 7 1/2 m,
can i run straight to the radiators from here or do i need to run the pipes around the outside of the new floor.
Many thanks, you helped last time, so i have a lot of faith in ya.......
spookyspaniel.

Sponsored Links
Simplest thing is to run the 10mm pipes in plastic rather than copper, and to use 15m plastic pipe as a sleeve for each pipe. The 10mm pipes can then easily be replaced if necessary. The run can be direct to the rad position. If your not sure exactly where the rad valves will be, bring the pipes up in the middle of the rad position and later make your connections to the ends hidden behind/under the rad.

Sponsored Links
A slightly more professional way of doing it is to use a pipe-in-pipe product such as product number 16092 from BES. The problem is you will have to buy a 50 metre coil for £60, unless you can find a supplier selling by the metre.

Thanks chris, all ordered. I only want to do the job once, so i might as well do it right, I do like the idea about bringing the pipes up the centre of the rad tho, so i dont have to worry about getting the widths right in the screed, considering i wont be there when they lay it. but i suppose thats the difference between a diyer and a pro....lol
Thanks again mate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back