Conservatory roof, again....

Sponsored Links
Hi,
we can provide a traditional insulated, plasterboard ceiling to your existing conservatory.
Message me for details ;)

andyrobertsanjbuilders, the genuine article:

A%20Christmas%20Cowboy.jpg

;)

Sponsored Links
That looks really nice & very cosy ;) it's very similar to what I originally proposed for mine but circumstance dictated a change of plan :cry: but we have now have a very nice modern cassette stove in our lounge. :LOL:

Masona, is that flue projecting 4.5m at least above your stove as it should? Dont know if you are aware but you (and Richard C) should not burn coal & wood at the same time as the coal produces sulphuric acid and any moisture in the wood will cause the flue to rot.
Plus the conditions for burning wood efficiently are not the same as those for burning coal efficiently.

Dont know if you are aware but you (and Richard C) should not burn coal & wood at the same time as the coal produces sulphuric acid and any moisture in the wood will cause the flue to rot.
It’s for this very reason I burn anthracite (as per stove manufacturers instructions), not house coal ;) . Anthracite is a high output, low sulphur fuel & is up to 98% pure carbon; house coal has a relatively high sulphur content & is only around 60 -80% carbon.

Plus the conditions for burning wood efficiently are not the same as those for burning coal efficiently.
Agreed; but if you light the stove & get it going on wood then add solid fuel as a supplement, the controls on a well designed multi-fuel stove will allow you to adjust the stove for optimum burn & efficiency. Burning anthracite on it’s own can initially be a bit like trying to set fire to stones until it gets going :LOL: .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back