Conservatory roof polycarbonate panel tape?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive got one polycarbonate roof panel that keeps slipping ever so slightly, took it off last year, cleaned up all the hardened tape which was stuck to the bars and the panel, and replaced with some double sided tape I had knocking about.

I looked up yesterday and same panel had started slipping a fraction again.
Can someone please tell me if there is a special name for the tape that secures the panels to the glazing bars on the roof as obviously the stuff I used wasn't correct.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I had the same problem no matter what I / installer tried.

I understand that it is caused by the temperature expanding and contracting the polycarbonate and causing it to move, which it will do no matter what, if I didn't move it would buckle. I was a bit sceptical originally as it was only one panel out of 4, but after 11 years of trying to fix it, I ended up replacing mine with glass, no problem now.

Some of mine have screws in the bottom (into the wooden frame) to prevent them slipping down.

Sponsored Links
I'm going to take it off later and see what can be done to stop it slipping again, there's 10 panels in total but only this one moving for some reason.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back