Conservatory Roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Hope someone can help me. Is it possible to stand on conservatory roof? I need to repair some gutters but will need to get out on to the conservatory if poss.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
What shape conservatory is it? Decent conservatories are usually ok (I'm 14st and stood on a few) :oops:

Modern conservatories can take a good tonne of snow spread out accross the roof. If its a lean-to then pop a board along at least 3 of the bars to spread the weight, if its not then just tread on the glazing bars and not the actual poly.

Obviously you don't need to be told about health and safety :eek:

Thanks. Think its the Leanto type, so relatively flat across the top. I did stand partially on it and it seemed to be ok. Will probably stick to standing on the frame bits only though!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I'm walking on mine at the moment but with 4" x 2" timber supports + beam across underneath, a small price to pay if the frame bend or damaged

When we do repairs on conservatory roofs we use a crawl board resting across at least 2 glazing bars,ideally 3. A scaffolding plank would be fine to use. I really wouldn't stand on the roof itself as it could cause significant damage . Jane

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back