Conspiracy theories

Would certainly be difficult to enforce. 911 What's your emergency ?:D
Sorry sir, if there's no immediate threat to life then we'll send an officer round tomorrow morning to take a statement.

Sponsored Links
The view of Brian Cox on moon landing deniers...facebook.
Brian Cox
@ProfBrianCox

·
Jul 20, 2015

I've said it before and I'll say it again - if you don't think Apollo 11 landed on Moon you are a colossal nob end & should get a new brain.

Or from the horses mouth........

The 1 thing I find a bit odd about the '69 moon landing is that it wasn't broadcast live, I could look it up I suppose, there's probably an innocent explanation, such as they didn't want to broadcast a "hard" landing.

Sponsored Links
Seemingly there was a 6 second delay, for the reasons I guessed at above. This is documented in a paper called

On Eagle's Wings: The Parkes Observatory's Support of the Apollo 11 Mission

The 1969 moon landing is my first albeit very hazy memory, so I was one of the ~600 million viewers.

This quote at the end of my link.....Editorial note: This piece originally referenced a 6-second delay in the American version of the Apollo 11 broadcast. There was no delay in the Apollo 11 broadcast, but there was a 6-second delay inserted in the Apollo 16 and 17 telecasts, due to an additional procedure that removed noise from the TV picture.

Not that 6 seconds matter, this was man's greatest achievement ever. I too have some memory of it, I remember the excitement on my Dads face.

This quote at the end of my link.....Editorial note: This piece originally referenced a 6-second delay in the American version of the Apollo 11 broadcast. There was no delay in the Apollo 11 broadcast, but there was a 6-second delay inserted in the Apollo 16 and 17 telecasts, due to an additional procedure that removed noise from the TV picture.

Not that 6 seconds matter, this was man's greatest achievement ever. I too have some memory of it, I remember the excitement on my Dads face.

Indeed, whether or not there was or wasn't a 6 second delay is pretty immaterial, my memory of it is extremely hazy, due to only being 2 years old.

NASA employed close to half a million people to get the job done, it is thought that approximately half of those are now dead.

So no deathbed confessions, and no information left accidently in a tin box somewhere, from roughly 220,000 personnel, nothing from even one person.

One of the quotes that always tickled me was from Neil Armstrong, and is as follows..........

"I was sitting on top of the Saturn 5 rocket, when it suddenly struck me that it was comprised of over 250,000 parts, each made by the company with the lowest tender"

For starters, I believe that they set foot on the moon.
However, all this justification that a quarter of a million people would have to be in on it, therefore it has to be true, is bull-shoite reasoning.
The bloke making a nut or widget in milwaukee is counted as one of the quarter - million, but he wouldn't know whether "his" widget was going to a silver cross pram, a John deere tractor, or the moon.
So, you wouldn't need a quarter - million people to keep schtum. A few dozen, tops.

(As I've posted before, the big clincher for me is the Russians. They tracked apollo all the way, and would have spilled the beans if it didn't get there).

I remember having to watch this Mon landing caper on a black and white telly at school

Hazy pictures if I recall

We were all. Bored sh** less

Like watching paint dry :LOL:

For starters, I believe that they set foot on the moon.
However, all this justification that a quarter of a million people would have to be in on it, therefore it has to be true, is bull-shoite reasoning.
The bloke making a nut or widget in milwaukee is counted as one of the quarter - million, but he wouldn't know whether "his" widget was going to a silver cross pram, a John deere tractor, or the moon.
So, you wouldn't need a quarter - million people to keep schtum. A few dozen, tops.

(As I've posted before, the big clincher for me is the Russians. They tracked apollo all the way, and would have spilled the beans if it didn't get there).

So did Jodrell bank.

Sponsored Links
Back