Constant burning after Vailant PCB change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
British gas were out due to error codes on Vailant Ecotec Plus 618 yesterday. The PCB was changed and it was back burning again.

The issue now seems to be that it hasn't stopped burning even though there is no call for water or heating.

It looks like the temperature is going above the maximum flow temp?

I think it's maintained about 72 degrees for the best part of a day.

Boiler / hive etc has been restarted.

Are there any suggestions for a quick win before I get BG back out?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20220908_133028.jpg
    20220908_133028.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 53
Sponsored Links
Presume its only firing occasionally if heat has no where to go?, probably too much of a co incidence for a zone valve/end switch to be on permanently.

Sponsored Links
I had that on my Vaillant when it was installed. They left the 24v link in. I removed it myself.

9FFFF191-FD0D-4352-814B-C6964483B8B6.jpeg

And therefore presumably removed the casing which forms the safety room seal, which should only be removed and refitted by Gas Safe Registered engineers ;)
I suppose so. Mine is a 418. Anyway, a so-called Vaillant approved salesman, sorry, installer, should have known about it in the first place. I wonder if he forgot anything else? :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back