Constructiononline anyone?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - does anyone use Constructiononline? - think we must have signed upto them a few years back becuase we still have the van livery on a couple of the older vans :D - a few maintenance contracts are up this winter and was wondering if its worth signing up again while looking for new tenders - they do seem to promise a lot on the site, many thanks

Sponsored Links
Yep! - we are (flooring)

amount of work last year = ZERO

......to be fair we only applied for CHAS just before Christmas and apparently thats the most important, so last years "fee" was probrably wasted.
We will keep CHAS but take a view on Constructionline at next renewal

I have not tried yet any service from Constructiononline. Firstly I need to know actually what service they providing what I need. Please let me know all first.

Having completed a constructionline application for a major contractor last year I can tell you that its a time consuming process involving collecting references from previous clients relating to the different types of work your business carries out. I never saw any work come our way as a result of being on constructionline and very few (if any) clients specify it as a requirement during the tender process. Personally I wouldn't bother; it has about as much value as an NHBC warranty.

Sponsored Links
We have CHAS CL and SafeContractor..
CHAS does nothing at all. It was meant to be for local authorities but our's has now added EXOR as a minimum so that's another one to get.. (EXOR now runs safecontractor too but you can't BOGOF)

Expect to have to put in 3+ months of work to attain the (un)necessary doc's.Then expect to spend a month before renewal updating everything

Basically they can get you onto tender lists and helps for approved subcontrator status but that's all.

I use the search function on CL as it lists who's looked at you but sadly it can be very open as our recent one was

"THE ROYAL BOROUGH OF KENSINGTON & CHELSEA (EDUCATION & LIBRARIES)"

So someone from there looked at us but we've got no chance of finding who to tout :confused: ..

Don't get them if you think it is going to get you business just by having them. Get it/them if you are specifically targetting larger 'blue chip' clients..

Back