Hello from new member

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello to everyone,
I thought I'd sign up and hopefully get involved in a few topics and have a bit of a rant if nobody minds, for myself work is extremely quite right now and I just wondered how good or bad it is for other trades.

Its got to a stage where I'm spending more time dealing with scammers from the internet than customers, 2 weeks ago I started looking at going back to PAYE with a company to see me through the summer and what they offer is a complete joke. Yesterday I got an offer from some agency for boiler servicing, 3 month contract must be gas safe reg have own vehicle and tools and public liability, £12.98 per job.

What an insult, a bus driver earns more than that (no disrespect to bus drivers) but whats the point when we have to pay out ££££'s each year and every 5 years and we get offers like this :mad:

Sorry people, I'll stop the rant cause I could go on and on but just wanted other opinions on work or lack of it.

Sponsored Links
Hello and welcome to this very good and informative forum.
If you are gas safe, try and get access to the Combustion Chamber, as this is a gas specific forum, with very knowledgable members.

Enjoy

Graham

Welcome to on-line madness with trained engineers and tradesmen waiting for the phone to start ringing. (like it used to)

Passing words of wisdom to the less able (DIYERS) :LOL:

Andy

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the welcome,

I might take a trip to the local bus garage today and see about a driving job

[/img]

Mind you, I don't know whats worse, working for this bloke or watching Jeremy Kyle lose it on TV.

I've tried a bit of advertising (budget permitting) but people weren't biting, funny thing is, last week the phone started ringing again and I've been getting calls everyday since so hope things are turning round for others as well.

my advice is, you have to spend money to make money, i started by posting a few flyers in selected areas. Then when i got my first earner i got on the web

Getting "on the web" does not have to cost an arm and a leg. Get yourself onto a decent blog-platform, like Typepad Pro, and Google will love you.

Sponsored Links
Back