What should I be earning ?

Hell I charge £15 per hour for cutting grass.....
For car work it's £25 per hour, but that's menu priced so you win some, lose some.
Grass machinery repairs it's £20 per hour but I reckon I can sort most things in two hours.
Van use is 45p per mile.
Tradesmen up here = £180 per day, diesel extra, with painters / plasterers a bit less.
John :)

Painters and plasterers both earn more than that running a business! It's allways hard saying one tradesman earns this one earns that. Everyone is different and has different needs in life and charge accordinly. I would say most earn 1k plus but some peoplpeare happy with half that!

Sponsored Links
I completely agree.....my tradesmans quote is based on what I pay here in Northumberland.
Personally that doesn't apply to me.....retired, index linked pension, just keeping my hand in but damned if I'm working for nowt.

Hell I charge £15 per hour for cutting grass.....
For car work it's £25 per hour, but that's menu priced so you win some, lose some.
Grass machinery repairs it's £20 per hour but I reckon I can sort most things in two hours.
Van use is 45p per mile.
Tradesmen up here = £180 per day, diesel extra, with painters / plasterers a bit less.
Are you confusing plasterers with dryliners. Plasterers i know make more money than any trade in the south east of england.

OP, it sounds like you don't have a handle on your finances....ie what you spend compared to what you get in wages. Don't go self-employed if you cant handle that basic stuff. Get a spreadsheet and work out EVERYTHING involved with doing your job (incomings and ALL outgoings). Don't forget tax, MoT, repairs, insurance on the van, tools costs, clothing, lunch costs etc etc. EVERYTHING.

Only then can you decide what you need to be charging. You'll be surprised how much you should be demanding. A damn sight more that the figure you're on now. Good luck.

Sponsored Links
i know its an old thread but your being paid to little
im from berkshire so still south east and day rate around here is £200+

Back