Consumer Unit (CU) Compliance

If you are doing "a full rewire", then the board will be replaced.
He appears to be talking about "a full re-wire" of the wiring, but withput replacement of the CU. As I've said, probably not all that sensible - certainly not common - but, there again, what he has subsequently written suggests that he probably would not need "a full re-wire" (of any scope) in order to make the installation safe.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I last came across that in the early 80's! A "rewire" using the old (1950's) Wylex board!

We're looking for a quick re-wire to bring it up to standards
No such thing.

Either rewire it properly, which would obviously include all new items, new consumer unit, and a decent amount of items per room.
Or keep what is there, with repairs if necessary.

Sponsored Links
We need to do a full re-wire
We're looking for a quick re-wire to bring it up to standards
This is a do-as-little-as-possible "refurb" prior to letting

I don't think that anybody here really understands how much "rewiring" is going to be done, nor what you mean by "bring it up to standards", apart from realising that you almost certainly don't mean a full rewire.

And BTW:

In the distant future the property will be gutted out, then the fancy installation can take place.
I think that what you regard as a "fancy installation" most other people regard as a normal one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back