Which domestic consumer unit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend a consumer units that screwfix stocks? The prices seem to vary from £80-£230? I have a 3 bed end of terrace with the old style fuse box and would like to upgrade. I probably don't need top spec.

Thank y'all

Sponsored Links
Some installers have a preference but its mainly going to come down to how many ways or circuits you need. Just look for a All metal unit with dual RCD that has enough ways and perhaps a spare or two for future expansion. Read the reviews as well.

Sponsored Links
Can anyone recommend a consumer units that screwfix stocks? The prices seem to vary from £80-£230? I have a 3 bed end of terrace with the old style fuse box and would like to upgrade.
I do have a spark coming back to do a board upgrade etc
Surely it should be the electrician who chooses and provides the CU?

For sure your requirements will inform the choice of size, but not the make.

It probably should be the spark that chooses.

Top price to date, including unit, for what he figured to be a day's work...£520...plus VAT

5 fuses in the existing fuse box, boards all up, access everywhere. CU to be installed in room above where existing fuse box is currently sited, cables going up thru existing box-out (which is open).

Interesting response from a spark on Rated....he seemed to think that sparks come in pairs...so it might be a bit pricey...but that's the way it is:LOL::LOL::LOL:. Please, please....:LOL:...make them stop...

Last edited:
Fuse box in ground floor room.
Cables coming up in corner of 1st
1508155806126-1245461587.jpg
1508155974886509267749.jpg
floor kitchen.
Other end of (tiny) kitchen, CU to be sited in cupboard over stair
15081560695211280905956.jpg
well, on left side of middle shelf where glasses are are shown.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back