Consumer unit in outside wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to resite a consumer unit from inside position to the outside wall directly opposite it. I want to fit a recessed waterproof box into the outer skin and fit the CCU into the box. I will be using a Wylex 9 way split load for the CCU. The outside wall is currently is currently covered with a semi permanant roof, however it might not stay that way.

I am looking for a waterproof box that I could use. I assume I could use a standard recessed meter box, but is there anything smaller? What is your reading on the regs as far as enclosing the CCU in this way?

Sponsored Links
You might try looking here for a suitable box.

Icidently CCU stand for Cooker Control Unit.

This work is also notifiable, which I am sure you are aware.

luminaire said:
You might try looking here for a suitable box.

Icidently CCU stand for Cooker Control Unit.

Agreed, however it also stands for Complete Cock-Up as well as Customer Consumer Unit.

customer consumer unit? :confused:

Why use two terms that often mean different things to describe one item in the same stroke?

Sponsored Links
Thanks! Typing CCU where one means CU was beginning to drive me mad! considering so many newbies on here, the amount of TLA's is incredible! I Think I might compile a list so we all know what people mean! Or at least the newbies trying to sound knowledgeable can pick the right acronym from the list!

Consumer Control Unit, or Electricity Control Unit.

As defined in the regs under "Consumer Unit"...

Let's get it right, chaps!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back