Consumer Unit Locations?

S

sturharv

To allow the consumer unit to be located close to the meter, is it possible to install a consumer unit into a recess internally within the outside wall, with say a little door on it flush with the wall? Has anyone seen this done before?
Presumably a ‘slimline’ consumer unit would have to be used, any slimline ones out there?

Sponsored Links
there are some made to be flush-mounted. they are normally fitted indoors, otherwise you would have the extra trouble and expense of making them weatherproof.

Yes, my fault, it was the way I worded it, I do mean fitted indoors, but just on an outside wall (presumablly they can go on a internal wall too).

Do you know who makes the flush-mounted ones?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Done some research on these units but can't find any that are specific to flush fitting (within the wall) ?

What particular model do MK do, I can't seem to find any that specifically say flush fitted or any refernce to this

you need to research with the manufacturers, not retailers, as they are not widely used in one-off instalations. they are however popular in flats and other developments

For example, MEM make Memera 2000 metalclad in surface or flush, they say "To order Flush versions add suffix 'F', e.g. AS6 to AS6F." the metal case is smaller than the front panel (like a switchplate on a backbox) so it hides where the wall has been cut out and replastered.

I can't see a pic of one though on http://www.memonline.com/mem2.html#6

but this is a skeleton unit for putting in an enclosure provided by others
uuu.jpg

I notice on the MK version it still sticks out of the wall about 50mm. is that correct?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back