Consumer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi I have this evening moved my consumer from one wall to the next temporarily. But for some reason it won't work, don't suppose any one can see why it doesn't work anymore? Anyone have any ideas?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 199
Sponsored Links
hi I have this evening moved my consumer from one wall to the next temporarily.
6-7 weeks ago you couldn't even install a light switch, 2 days ago you had to ask really basic questions about adding sockets to an existing circuit, and now you're moved a CU?

Bad, bad, bad idea.

Please get an electrician to take over and put right your mistakes.

But for some reason it won't work, don't suppose any one can see why it doesn't work anymore? Anyone have any ideas?
Yup.

You have nowhere near enough knowledge to have done the move successfully, which is why you haven't.

Sponsored Links
I assume that the RCBO is for the lights, if so then the line screw doesn't look like it has been tightened up.

In his second post he isn't very clear but said they all work apart from the lights

My friend came around who was an electrician and looked, the rcbo had gone faulty and needed to be replaced. He ran it from an mcb he had instead

Interesting. So Moving the CU caused the RCBO to suddenly fail.

I suppose it couldn't be that the RCBO was tripping because of some simultaneous wiring change involving a current imbalance and that the MCB wasn't sensitive to this imbalance?

Occam's razor...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back