CONTIBOARD or veneered MDF also question for JasonB!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need to make (or purchase) some cupboards doors for the bedrooms.

Is Veneered MDF better to use than Contiboard ?

What it the best tool to cut it ?

Where can veneered MDF be purchased in Sheffield / Rotherham.

Ps. Don’t suppose there is a joiner on here in the Sheffield Rotherham area who could do this for us.

Sponsored Links
i may know a man from a different forum hang on i will see ;)

Phil_h
been flick through some of you photo's and you've got your house really nice!
i am wanting to change some old pine fitted wardrobes in my sons room, and have some sliding doors all way along the wall, so he can close his tv etc. away.
i was wondering if you could give me any advice on weather to buy some sliding wardrobe doors, or to make my own out of conti-board?
thanks
matty

Sponsored Links
Would be better to start a new post rather than hijack a 2 year old post.
Conti is a very poor material for any type of door, you can get a wide range of ready made doors and just add a track.

Veneered MDF every time - Conti (MFC) is a generally lower quality material - the MDF core is much more reliable and the natural look of wood is what most people like, although we get plenty of punters moan that the grain and color of veneered boards isnt perfect enough.

Printed melamine paper will have the same computer generated pattern and is exactly the same as the next, although some new finishes and textures are fairly attractive.

Check for a colour from a manaufaturer such as Egger or Kronospan - there are plenty of new colours available that are fairly attractive and also a much more economical price than veneered board as a rule. You will get access to more 'exotic' colours in MFC rather than veneered board that will cost you a whole lot more generaly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back