Continuous beeping of Veritas8

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After not being used for many years (we had a big dog) I felt that it was time to awaken the alarm. On keying in the code numbers it started to beep and kept on beeping in sequences of 5 beeps. After waiting for it to stop I gave up and tried again. Same thing, I counted 25 sequences of 5 beeps and realised that it wasn't going to stop. I tried the walk test but it wouldn't let me do that. When I imput the code one of the zone lights stays on, it is the garage zone, when I went in the garage the pir did not light up. Is this relevent and if so what should I do to rectify the problem.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like getting no power to it
Try omitting that zone to see if the alarm sets to see if there are more problems

The constant beeping is tell you that you have an open circuit (garage)
Enter code omit button then press zone number that is in fault then press full.If alarm sets then that circuit is at fault.
Could be faulty detector or damaged cable.

Thanks Gents, tried that but no success, the light for the garage zone does not go out when I try to omit it. Could it be a battery problem as it must be at least 5 years since I last used it.

Sponsored Links
Do you have other pirs ? Do they light up ? does the light only show up when you enter your code is there any other lights

Yes 3 other PIRS. when you say light up I take it you mean the sensors on the pir, yes they do light up. When I enter the code on the display the only number which lights up is the garage one. Is this a problem?

I would start with the zone number lit up on keypad.
Do you think you are capable of dealing with the fault or do you require someone to look at it.
If you can not omit that circuit then the control panel needs to be programmed for omit.
Option would be to link faulty zone in control panel,this should then allow panel to set.
You could also link zone wiring out inside pir if still faulty then could be cable from panel to that pir.

Im no expert but in the past I have replaced battery and fitted new internal alarm. Could I not simply disconnect garage sensor at the box end and try that. I just wonder if the underground cable to the garage has been damaged

Ye can disconnect from the panel but will have to loop out or set as not used not sure with the system u use

Simplest way is as Neil said.
Put a wire link in the zone which is causing the problem in the control panel.
Please take care if you open control panel as this has 230v in side.
What zone number is lit on keypad.
If unsure post photo of control panel wire and will tell you where to put link.

Firstly the zone lights and beeping should be in sync.

ie, zone one illuminated beeps once
Zone 1 and 5 illuminated it beeps 5 times
Zone 8 illuminated it beeps 8 times
Tamper beeps 9 times
power fault 10 times (unset light flashing)

if the back battery is old then disconnect it and use mains only and you should be able to get into the menus from the keypad.

without seeing which lights are illuminated relying on your counting and its easy to miscount.

before starting press RESET TWICE, this should get you to day mode.
then look at what the panels doing post a picture
we can advise from there as what to do next.

Sorry to be so late in responding, family probs. Since my last post I had a further look at the pir in the garage and discovered that some of my wifes garden had decided to infiltrate the pir. No probs thought I, easy peasy disconnect and fit a replacement. After checking on line I found I could not get a like for like,it was a Securis D20 made in Spain about 15 years ago.The Securis has 8 terminals with 6 wires . After checking on line the wiring seems different in that the green and white cables in the Securis seem to go to the supply. Surely this cant be right.
I have attached a couple of pics of the wiring as was and a pic of the board display as requested
Any advice gratefully received.

Attachments

• IMG_20200518_124208.jpg
    IMG_20200518_124208.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 135
the black and red wires are used for the zone, so twist them together and you should be able to set.

clean the area down and replace the PIR (be wary of false alarms mind).

you need to isolate the white and green wires as if they are shorted it will blow the panels fuse(if glass fuses), if the ceramic fuses they will reset when the power isn't shorted.

That securis is older than you think ....we used to fit them in the late 80s and they where rubbish ...not seen any since mid 90s and they where made here ! Not in Spain ...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back