Continuous beeping of Veritas8

the black and red wires are used for the zone, so twist them together and you should be able to set.

clean the area down and replace the PIR (be wary of false alarms mind).

you need to isolate the white and green wires as if they are shorted it will blow the panels fuse(if glass fuses), if the ceramic fuses they will reset when the power isn't shorted.

I have finally received replacement pir. Just one slight problem , the terminals on the replacement pir are different than on the old one. I no
IMG_0058.JPG
IMG_20200516_150451.jpg
IMG_0142.JPG
the power cables are the green and white but I am not sure of the others. Could you please advise me, I have attached pics of both pir terminals and and a pic of the control terminal. the zone on the control panel is number 5

Sponsored Links
Many thanks Handyman, connected pir and switched back on, still same result beeps of 5 continually. Should I disconnect the garage permanently? The cable to the garage is underground so I suppose it could be damaged.

Link out zone 5 in control panel and see if bleeping stops this will prove control panel ok
Then you can check cable if panel ok.

Sponsored Links
Link out zone 5 in control panel and see if bleeping stops this will prove control panel ok
Then you can check cable if panel ok.
Bingo, beeping stopped, carried out walk test, ok, and main alarm test. OK Garage not covered but I can get a single solar or battery one for that as it is detached about 15 yards away and the cable is underground .Very many thanks to all of you who gave me your advice and valuable time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back