Gardtec Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was asked yesterday to take a look at a neighbours alarm, they have recently moved in and he was trying to input the code to try out the system but said the keypad started beeping. He couldn't get it to stop so took the front off and cut all the wires in the keypad. This stopped it beeping but the upstairs pad was still beeping and as it was in his bedroom said it would keep them awake.
I went round, reconnected the downstairs keypad and the display on both shows 1 and both beep. He tried his code and code yes code but nothing seemed to stop it. I disconnected the power to both keypads as it was getting late, can anyone shed any light on what it maybe?, I know very little about the system at the moment, he doesn't know where the main control box is yet and all I know is the keypads are Gardtec, with a red LED display. I am guessing the 1 displayed means there is a problem with zone 1, but until I can locate the control box I don't know where zone 1 is, I can't get back there until the weekend.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Post a picture of keypad , it could be one of many 300, 500, or 800 series , has it ever worked ? Sounds like the battery is faulty if you turned off the power to stop it . Seen a few 300/500 series with the pcb burnt out due to a faulty battery

Will try and get a picture at the weekend when I go back to take another look and try and find the control box.. Not sure when it did last work, these people are new owners of the house and all was fine until they tried to put the code in to try it out. This is the keypad if you can tell the model from this? upload_2016-10-13_19-52-11.png

Sponsored Links
Any of the above ....! Picture of the end station is different for 300/500 and 800 series

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back