Control box to bell connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Long time lurker first time poster!

I have an alarm "kit" which I got from ebay a while ago and now the seller seems to have disappeared so I cannot ask the question.

I have it all fitted and seems to work but I cannot figure out how to connect the control box to the external sounder.

The terminals are labeled:

Control Box
-------------
Strobe +
Strobe -
Bell +
Bell -
Bell Hold -
SMB TMP

Sounder
---------
ST-
R-
H+
H-
RTN

Thanks for any help, it will be much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
wont work, terminls missing in panel

in the sounder H+ and H- are hold off (12v supply)
R- is negative ringer
RTN is return

st- is a waste (er, strobe)

Thanks for your reply. Not exactly what I wanted to hear though!

When you say wont work, is that it? the whole thing wont work? or for example can i get it sounding perhaps minus the strobe or the tamper protection? (its going 3 stories up on a flat so if someone did manage to tamper with it they deserve to get in with acrobatic skills like that!)

look at what termianls i have written that are required, now look at what you have written your panel has. see what is missing (i doubt its actually phyisicaly missing, just you missed it.

how about a close up picture?

Sponsored Links
Yes you are right the correct Control Panel terminals are:

Strobe +
Strobe -
Bell +
Bell -
Bell Hold -
SMB TMP

Does this look any better?

I've edited the original post to include the correct terminals too.

Control Box
-------------
Strobe +
Strobe -
Bell +
Bell -
Bell Hold -
SMB TMP

Sounder
---------
ST-
R-
H+
H-
RTN

strobe- to st-
bell- to r-
bell+ to h+
bell hold- to h-
smb tmp to rtn

try this! i hope it works :)

Hi
Thanks for your reply.

I've tried this configuration but now when I try to setup the system I keep getting a "Low Batt" error. I did have the system configured without the sounder so I am quite sure the battery is ok. I've put a meter across the battery in the Control Panel and it seems fine, do you think the panel monitors the battery in the sounder?

Thanks again.

yes.

as i first said, i think you are missing a terminal, i did ask you to post a picture, but you chose not to.

I have since added a (basic) explanation oif how it works in the sticky section. you should be able to figure it out from that.

alphaalarms, i thought better of you.

ignore all the rubbish and try what iv said! best of luck :LOL:

think you will find that rosstheboiss did try your idea, and it did not work, he said

I've tried this configuration but now when I try to setup the system I keep getting a "Low Batt" error.

which is why i said

as i first said, i think you are missing a terminal, i did ask you to post a picture, but you chose not to.

I have since added a (basic) explanation oif how it works in the sticky section. you should be able to figure it out from that.

alphaalarms, I've tried what you suggested and breezer although not being an expert I'm quite sure an incorrectly wired sab would not result in a battery error. Also this error still appears when the sab is subsequently disconnected. I did not post a photograph as I corrected my original mistake.

SO... in conclusion (so far) I'll check the battery fuse etc. tomorrow when I get time. Good news and I'm always sure this counts; alphaalarm's suggestion did not result in an instant alarm, bangs or smoke so it may still be correct!!

Thanks

Does this panel have a manufacturers make & model number on?

Same for the PCB in the bell box ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back