Controls recommendation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Recently had a Vaillant Ecotec Plus 832 Combi fitted. I also had a Salus ST620 fitted as installer said he had used few of these recently and they worked well - but typical luck the first one I got was broken out of the box. Second one worked like a dream....for two months that is ... and now is only intermittently sending the heating on signal to the boiler (boiler in loft, controller is at bottom of stairs, must be something like 4m distance max). So I'm now faced with the option of getting a replacement Salus or something else. Thought its worth exploring the options with those here that helped me so much last time round before I didn't the easiest replacement option (but have time pressure as pregnant wife!).

Needed a replacement boiler urgently and didn't have time/ability to sort out a conversion of existing combi to unvented cylinder + system boiler which otherwise would have been my preferred option. Now I still am hopefully of adding an unvented cylinder at some point later this year when I get some additional building works done.

First question is that if I intend to add an unvented cylinder to my combi (and run the combi DHW to a single tap) - can I just install those set of controls now, but switch off the HW side of the controller for now.

Second question is that if that is doable would the honeywell st9400c/dt92e10 be a good combination - anything else recommended more (I like 7 day programmable)?

Third question is ignoring future plans, what would be a reliable set of controls for the combi - preferably RF.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Welcome to the wonderful wacky world of Salus controls.

They should have a strapline - cheap for a reason.

Rgi's will be on later to advise re your query.

Welcome to the wonderful wacky world of Salus controls.

They should have a strapline - cheap for a reason.

Rgi's will be on later to advise re your query.

Yeah I know, pay for what you get. Normally I would have over-ruled installers' recommendation but I only wanted some controls as a stop-gap until change system over to include an unvented cylinder.

Ended up with stop-gap heating! Doh!

Go to your local Plumbcentre and buy a own brand stat,about £52 inc vat
When you get home compare it to the Honeywell stats in the Screwfix catalogue
Uncanny resemblance ,except for a Honeywell sticker and price

Sponsored Links
If the Salus is one of their plug in units into the Vaillant facia you will need the blanking plate that the boiler came with.

Don't think they will have got a Christmas card from Vaillant this year.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back