Conventional Boiler Recommendation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I am looking for a conventional boiler for my open vented system to replace an old conventional non condensing boiler and would like a recommendation if possible either for a model or just a brand. I have a 4 bed detached house with 11 radiators. Don't need anything fancy, just something simple, well made and reliable. So far have had a few people out to quote who have offered the following boilers... glowworm Flexicom 24hx, Worcester 18RI and a Vaillant ecoTec plus 428. I don't know anything about these or what makes are good with boilers so would welcome any thoughts or advise.

Sponsored Links
Im an installer and could argue a case for the GW and Valliant (not a worcester fan though over priced and full of plastic)

I also rate

Ideal Logic Heat only
ATAG A230OV

BUT

A boiler is in most cases a white box on the wall I would go with the installer that seemed like he knew what he was doing/seemed interested in what you wanted/listened and explained things. Try and get recommendations if poss or examples of his work. (straight pipes show an interest and pride in his work)

A carp plumber could install the best boiler in the world and cut corners and it wouldnt last as long as a good plumber fitting an average boiler.

The choice is also dependent on existing boiler wiring (pump over run) and hydraulic connection (Y or S plan, with or without a by pass).

Baxi Solo and Viessemann are my favorites.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back