conversion to flats

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi my name is tony i am a plasterer i am looking to convert a 2 bed flat into two 1 bed flats in loughton. the falt i have is 72 square metres does anyone know the requirement for a 1 bed flat thank u :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
All local authorities have their own standards that will need to be adhered to with regards to area requirements. Contact your local planning department and find out what their specific guidlines are, although much of their guidance will be available online eg Dover require 30m2 for a studio and 40m2 for a 1 bed extract from http://www.dover.gov.uk/pdf/FlatConversionGuidelines.pdf

Space will be your problem. Bristol now requires 45m² for a one bed. All planning authorities are reintroducing space standards. It's just a question of how far they go.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back