convert a angled TRV to straight?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a towel rail which came with Drayton TRV's. The TRVs are angled and i need straight ones! (company has left me in a right fix!)

Does anyone know of a cheap way of solving this? I was wondering if it was possible to only buy the actual valve fitting and reuse the rest of the pack I already have? Where could I buy just the valve?

I would prefer not to alter the pipe work, i rather use a straight please.[/b]

Sponsored Links
Drayton is an expensive valve. The heads will interchange but I doubt that you wil get a valve only without the head. About £15.00 I think.

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do;jsessionid=JGS1COY1G2UFUCSTHZPCFFI?_dyncharset=UTF-8&fh_search=trv

What's wrong with the company you bought it from. Won't they exchange it or give a refund? Also, what else is in the pack other than a lockshield valve which you can get from screwfix also http://www.screwfix.com/cats/102636/Plumbing/Radiator-Valves a 15mm inline valve is what you're looking for. There are some packs which have both of what you after (presumably a similar one as you've got which means you can return the existing one to whowever you got it from without having to open the pack)

Thanks for the help, but I was hoping to be able buy just the valve; so that I could save some money. By the time I bought a whole new pack iv spent another £35.22 (Screwfix part 41410). Then I also have £30 pounds of angled valves that I dont need!

I havnt asked about an exchange because the deal was a combined package for the radiator and the valves. It was also a limited internet only deal etc. The valves are in their own packaging though..it might work, SF can be quite reasonable sometimes.

Sponsored Links
lesson learned here: Packs are often a waste of money, should have bought towel rail and suitable valves separately

You need a 15mm straight body aka EB 15 S , Drayton part no: 07 15 181

Any decent plumbers merchant will get one for you.

Did ask SF if I could swap, they said no! (because the parts supplied were sufficient).

I am going to try a few merchants tommoz. Thanks all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back