Convert BT master socket into an extension?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I live in a flat with a disconnected BT line, the guy in the flat upstairs has Sky multiroom but his daughter has moved out & says I can have it instead...From what I understand both Sky boxes have to be connected to the same fixed telephone line. Would it be possible for me to remove the capacitor/resistor/SP from my master socket and run wires 2,3,5 from his master into it?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
possible certainly, quite possiblly not legal though.

If you really want to do it i'd suggest replacing the disconnected BT master with a new extention socket so that at least you can put things back when you move out.

Just add a new socket - or to be honest, as this is going to be temporary, just run a DIY type extension kit that can be removed easily.

Sponsored Links
Has your neighbour realised that if you do that, you will have full access to ALL his telephony services?

The components in an NTE5 socket, which remains the property of the service supplier, are pretty well hidden in the back of the thing, so It would be a lot easier to get an extension kit with all the necessary bits.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back