BT Master Socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I moved into my property around a year ago now, when I first moved in I was renovating as the whole house had been neglected. So at the time the master socket or what I remember of it, was damaged and I had phone wires stapled all over the house, up the stairs and all sorts. The master socket was actually run from a small junction box, with cabling under the floor.

At the time I had no need for phone or broadband so along with most of the other cables and pipes in the house, it all got stripped out and chucked.

Now I am actively using phone and broadband for past 9 months or so, I have setup a patch panel under the stairs, extended the original phone cable going into the house with cat5 to run under the stairs and into a master telephone module which isn't BT but its a master with capacitor\resistor etc. I have run one other socket off of this master telephone module.

Few days ago I have phoned up sky as my broadband suddenly had a spate of disconnections one day and my broadband speed suddenly dropped - it had been working fine, once in a blue moon it disconnected. Unfortunately for me they have booked an engineer to visit. In the mean time I have bargained myself a sky hub replacing my four year old sky router which plugging in today has increased my speed from 3-4mb to 13mb. However I still have static on my line, and the broadband disconnects so they still want to send the engineer round.

What trouble am I in when the engineer finds no BT Master socket in the house?! :eek:

Sponsored Links
Should of mentioned its a BT engineer not a sky one, just worried they might cut me off and charge the earth to install a master socket

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back