Convert dimmer to on/off only

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 'Hamilton Litestat' push on/off, twist to dim, dimmer fitted. I cant find a suitable on/off replacement for it. (brass 3 gang, double backplate)

Is it possible to adjust something on this unit (pictured) to remove dimming ability?

Many thanks.

DSCF1639s.jpg

DSCF1645s.jpg

Sponsored Links
You could probably bypass the dimming circuit (difficult to tell without having the physical thing to look at), but it'd be easier and safer to just buy a replacement on/off flavour switch:

1541_MRSBRSW3_297.jpg

You could probably bypass the dimming circuit
I looked in to this.....

(difficult to tell without having the physical thing to look at), but it'd be easier and safer to just buy a replacement on/off flavour switch:

Unfortunately it is too modern in appearance.

Fit one of these: http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/VLSM.html
instead of the dimming module. Use the knob from the existing dimmer.

I will look into these, did not know they were available - good idea, thanks.
However, in the mean time I modified it. After testing with my Fluke.
The 'link' in the red circle, takes the switch output straight back to the next terminal. :D

DSCF1659sssr.jpg

Sponsored Links
I've modified a dimmer before like this. Just a bit of solder and you're sorted.

Hi. I'm doing the same but needing to replace 2 of a 3 gang switch of 2 way dimmer modules with on-off only. Is the TLC module universal and 2 way? Does anyone know, else any other ideas for how to do this?
Thanks
Roy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back