Convert SQM and Depth to KG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need 2426KG of Ballast to make some concrete however Wickes only have it as 10sqm to 50mm depth is it possible to convert this into KG?

Sponsored Links
Am I right in saying that you want it by weight but they sell it by volume?
And if that is the case, you would need to be able to convert their volume to weight in order to get the right amount?
If they can’t tell the weight of their volume, just go to a place that supplies by weight.
https://www.littlerbulkhaulage.co.uk/cubicmetre.html

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Ok thanks, by the way, is it possible for a DIY'er to create an account online with Travis Perkins? it seems to be asking for an account number?

Ok thanks, by the way, is it possible for a DIY'er to create an account online with Travis Perkins? it seems to be asking for an account number?

You can apply for an account online but you have to supply some company details. You get a bit of a discount, not much. The trades putting a lot through get much better pricing, if you go in and speak nicely they'll often do something for you account or otherwise.

Last edited:
Just tell the supplier how big the area is and how deep you want to fill. They will probably calculate the amount for you.

Yes. I've got one and I don't think I needed to bend the truth for it either. Either self builder, general handyman or DIY was an option iirc.

Sponsored Links
Back