Converting loft to a bedroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a loft which are boarded by previous owner. I am not sure what exist under the boards and the quality of the joists etc but can supply pictures.

I am planning to use it as a bedroom but not sure if it is string enough for a bed frame, mattresses, storage areas etc.

any idea in terms of what I should do to ensure that I do not create major problems in the future?

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I have a loft which are boarded by previous owner. I am not sure what exist under the boards and the quality of the joists etc but can supply pictures.

I am planning to use it as a bedroom but not sure if it is string enough for a bed frame, mattresses, storage areas etc.

any idea in terms of what I should do to ensure that I do not create major problems in the future?
What are the stairs like leading to the loft room?

Sponsored Links
no,

this will be my own project, building regs do not accept stairs from the room, it needs to be properly done through an exit etc. I do not have a budget for the time being.

However, the loft is too big, and would like to use it and therefore need to understand what is the max weight it can hold.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back