Converting two seater sofa to drop-end

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to have an existing ordinary two seater sofa converted to a drop-end one.

Sponsored Links
the simple answer is probably not
the complicated answer is no/yes/maybe ???

a picture or link may help to give a more definitive answer
if you have basic to good diy skill and tools it may be possible
if you are happy to throw it out if it goes wrong you have nothing to loose by removing the material off the arm to look

Sponsored Links
Some sofas are assembled as sides, back, seat squab. All upholstered then bolted together
Maybe a peek inside by looking through the bottom might help see if the idea is feasible

FYI there was a plan involved in this, she had planned that you would not be able to and that you would need to buy a new one.
Have you by chance got a trip to a retail park arranged that also has a sofa shop on? lol

the biggest problem is not actually doing the physical conversion off the structure as that can be quite easy
its enough spare padding and material to make a presentable looking adaption as its now a different shape you may be able to cover with a throw or pillow but no way off telling till you try

I began to think that these types of sofa were "last century", they certainly are with some of the retailers I've contacted (four had never heard of them). Imagine my surprise when I noticed there were quite a few on eBay. Will need to find a local shop to see what they can do, there are not too many on Teesside.

Sponsored Links
Back