Converting wooden garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

So I am really not very good at DIY and handy stuff so looking for some guidance on a project I am going to have a go at.

I have a fairly large 6m X 6m wooden garage that I am wanting to convert into a games room. I want to insulate it so that it can retain some heat in the colder winter months but want to do it on a fairly tight budget!!

I was looking at something called EcoQuilt and then putting up boards on top to finish it but have been suggested by someone that |I would be better using an insulated plasterboard instead.

What are peoples thoughts? The plasterboard option seems to be more expensive and I lile the look of how easy the EcoQuilt looks to install?

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Those multifoil products are very misleading to the point of fraud in my personal opinion. You will never achieve anything like the claimed figures in a real world application.

If the garage is dry and well ventilated then insulated plasterboard would work. I would probably go for celotex board and then ply as a surface cladding or similar as it will tolerate a little moisture in the air much better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back