Cooker circuit supplying sockets!

S

scotteng

Hello all,

customer has an electric hob running from 45amp rated switch, using 6mm cable protected by 40amp fuse! ok yes

but then i find there are two single ovens also run from this circuit, connected to a double 13amp socket, both using 13amp plugs, one oven has a rating of approx 11amp, one 15 amp!! socket has 6mm cable feeding it.

and then i find another double 13amp socket supplying a fridge and freezer, again 6mm cable.

hobs full load is approx 23amp.

what do you think i should do to sort this mess out!! grr to kitchen fitters!

Sponsored Links
6mm cable with a 40A fuse could be OK, depending on how the cable is installed.

A radial circuit in 6mm with socket outlets isn't a problem (other than actually fitting the 6mm wires into the socket terminals).

Two ovens connected to a double socket outlet might lead to overheating of the socket. A 15A oven via a 13A plug will almost certainly result in the socket and plug overheating.

The ovens should be hardwired to connection plates using a suitablely sized and rated cable or flex.

While the freezer and fridge isn't ideal on the same circuit, it is unlikely to be dangerous or cause any problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back