Cooker Connection

S

steviez

Hi,

Need to bring a feed to a new electric cooker. It is rated at 2.8KW (built in type cooker) and says its to be hard wired. Will it be OK to bring a new feed from the CU via 2.5mm T+E to a 13A Fused spur protected by a 16A MCB?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds fine to me, but I'd be tempted to put a plug on it if the total load truly is 2800watts.

Sounds fine to me, but I'd be tempted to put a plug on it if the total load truly is 2800watts.

I was just going by what the spec said. Is there any issue with the plug not been accessible unless the cooker is removed?

Yes, thats not ideal.

Can you add a FCU as a spur from this socket into the cupboard next to the oven

Sponsored Links
Yes, thats not ideal.

Can you add a FCU as a spur from this socket into the cupboard next to the oven

A socket could go at the back of the unit but the only place for a FCU is above. Could I make the socket for the oven isolate via a 20A un fused spur or even a FCU?. That way I can plug the cooker in but still be able to isolate it..

The appliance needs to be easily isolated incase of fault or fire. Ie within a short distance.

Your best solution would be to have a Switched FCU above worktop, protecting the socket outlet below worktop that the cooker will plug in to.
This will then give you an easy means of isolation.
You could also just have an cooker outlet plate below worktop, rather than socket, again using S/FCU as above worktop isolation.

steviez please be aware of notification and special installation, info can be found in WIKI. I am sure you are already aware of this but just in case
//www.diynot.com/wiki/electrics:part_p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back