Cooker Extractor, Ducting Through Roof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi am looking at connecting our cooker extractor (currently not connected up) to a vent and take it outside. Can I take it through the roof using the metal flexible ducting and take it out the wall? The reason I am not sure is, insulation is in the roof space above the kitchen and so can it go through this still work ok and also, be acceptable to building regulation etc?

Sponsored Links
Don't use the flexi ducting all the way, put in a plastic vent pipe - better airflow, won't collapse, tear etc if somebody steps on it (assuming there's a loft space above).

Might be an idea to insulate the ducting in an unheated space too, and make sure moisture can't gather in any loops,ie rigid duct on any horizontal section sloped to outside.

Sponsored Links
Might be an idea to insulate the ducting in an unheated space too, and make sure moisture can't gather in any loops,ie rigid duct on any horizontal section sloped to outside.
That's what we do - wrap and tape insulation around the duct. Keep the ducting taught, i.e. no lazy loops draped on the floor of the loft space, else it will fill with water and eventually block the duct like a loo trap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back