Cooker Hood extractor problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hoping for some inspiration.

Renovating an old kitchen. The existing cooker extraction system is a wall mounted Xpelair that is 25yrs old....it does the job well but looks ugly.

Problem is that we have a very low sloping ceiling to contend with (see diagram).

If I go the recommended 720mm above the hob before I fit an extractor - it only leaves me with 210mm before I hit the ceiling.

Can anyone suggest a suitable extraction system?

I would love to have a downdraught extractor......but haven't got £1k+ spare to throw at just this one appliance.

Sponsored Links
Bridging unit extractors are slim and depending on hob type and manufacturer can be fitted as low as 650mm.

Thanks Foxhole.

To complicate matters - there are 2 windows either side of the potential 'extraction area'. i.e. I only have 600mm of wall space directly behind the hob, with no wall units either side = can't use a bridging unit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back