Cooker hood fuse problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

There was a 3 amp fuse in my cooker hood and all was working fine up until recently. The fuse blew a few weeks back, i replaced it with same rated fuse. Now it keeps blowing (done it three times in all now).

Is this the correct fuse to be using on a cooker hood (with extractor fan and 2 lights)?

Many thanks

Mike

Sponsored Links
yes absolutely..

since it blew the fuse in the first place it could be an indication of a problem with the hood..

try it with the lights off or the fan off and see if it still blows..

if it doesn't then the problem lies with the thing you turned off..

could be the fan is clogged with crud and sticking a bit.. give it a good clean..

it happened when i went to switch the lights on.

I noticed last time one of the lights had blown so this probably caused the fuse to blow itself. But if this happend again, could something else be causing the light(s) to keep blowing?

The filters are a bit cloggy, but they are the metal type and not the replacement type. Its fairly clean inside the unit which houses the light and extractor units.

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back