cooker hood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you plugwash,
I want to put the flex of the cooker hood into a conduit behind the splash tiles to bring it under the worktop and then plug it into a socket, so everything is hidden.
Is it whitin the regulations to place a socket under a worktop?

Sponsored Links
I don't see why not. My oven switch is under the work top and we have a socket in the sink cupboard for the washing machine. Both done by our sparky when we had our kitchen done.

Meblin

But do think about what might happen if you needed to get the flex out again, ie replacement time?

securespark said:
But do think about what might happen if you needed to get the flex out again, ie replacement time?
take the plug off and pull out the flex, replace and do the same in reverse order

Sponsored Links
most kithchen fitters i see working now fit there hob electrics and oven electrics under the bench but not in the area of the oven ie next one along as long as there is no water appliance near it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back