Cooker keeps tripping off circuit.

When you have cut the cable from that burnt mess strip the cores back to shiny copper strands. Put each cable into a separate terminal block, (one big enough to accept each cable obviously), so they are isolated from each other. Switch on the wall socket and see the result. Hopefully the MCB/RCD will not trip no matter how long it is left switched on.
Alternatively, you can disconnect from the back of the wall socket and check the terminals in there for signs of damage though I don't think you will find any.

All this is in the absence of proper test equipment.

Sponsored Links
Here’s the photo a cracked terminal.

View attachment 202852

I’ve now managed to cut the cable free from attaching the cooker and the circuit doesn’t trip anymore!

According the the spec, the hob is 5.8Kw max and oven is 2.3kw max, bringing the total to 8.1kw, I think 10mm T&E should’ve been used instead 6mm. I am guessing this is why the cable was fried?

6mm is fine for the load you have

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back