cooker outlet plate?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i have a 6.4kw hob and 2.8kw oven to wire up using 40a mcb and 6mm cable to ccu and then down to a 45a outlet plate using 6mm to wire into the hob and another 6mm to supply side of a fused spur to wire into oven with 2.5mm from load side has anybody had trouble fitting 3 6mm cables into a 45a outlet plate?

Sponsored Links
I can't comment on the outlet plate, I've never tried, but what installation method (i.e. cable route) are you using, as in most 'normal' situations a 6mm cable won't take 40A...

Sponsored Links
If it's a reasonably short run & there are no other factors involved it should be OK.

its only a 6m run thought 6mm would be fine? just unsure about 3 6mm cables fitting into the terminals on the outlet plate.
had a look at the click dual appliance outlet plate but both cables for hob and oven would exit the dual back box i am using, want the oven cable to enter another single back box to which a fused spur for the oven will be hopes this makes sense

so what's the problem..

2 cables exit the click dual outlet one to the hob, one to the single back box with the fused spur..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back