Cooker Switch

29 Oct 2007
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Good Afternoon,

I currently have a 30a rated radial on I believe 6mm cable running to a cooker switch with is connected to a cooker outlet. this currently powers a cooker.

I want to fit a hob 5.7kw can I connect this straight to the cooker outlet?? I am also fitting a single oven Indisit fitted with a 13a plug, can I run a 13a switch fused spur from my ring to power the oven??

Sponsored Links
.Yes to both questions.
But you'd only need to run a spur with a socket on the end for your oven - just make sure its easily accessible (not behind the oven!)

Dont forget that electrical work in kitchens is notifiable.
Thank you for your sound advice, what is the procedure for notifying works

Sponsored Links
Call your local authority before you start doing any work, tell them what you are planning and they will tell you the fee. (or llok at their website).

Compare the fee with getting a registered spark in to do the work. get spark at

You will know what way to go if spark ££ is less than local authority fee.
In respect to the Spur do I not need to use an FCU or do I jut run a straight spur from the ring to a 13a switch


DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local