Cooker Timer Wiring

Sponsored Links
I don't think swopping the yellow & white will cause any problem as I think they are just switch wires for the 2 white relays.Unless they somehow also affect the programming , though I doubt that if the cct. diag. I looked at is correct for your cooker. If you now have it working as it should then I would be inclined to leave well alone.

Turn the total power off for a few minutes to clear the clock .......turn it on and it should flash four zeros

Then press in the two extreme left hand buttons and the plus button it should go to 12.00 then press the plus or minus until the correct time is displayed. Still keep the other two pressed in whilst you doing this.

Some timers it's the far left two some it's the second and third from the left you press in at the same time.

Hi All - well nearly 3 weeks have passed and all this time I have been having email correspondence with Rangemaster. They take about a week to reply to every question. I have learned a lot so thank you particularly JJ for invaluable electrical guidance and to Alan who cracked it with his re-setting advice which is so completely different from what we’re all used to. This is the key : RELEASE, then set ..... and the COOKING pan symbol IS supposed to be permanently on -this is correct. And as JJ said, as long as one relay has the white and a brown and the other has the yellow and the double brown, then it will work.

This is a summary from Rangemaster:

Note the setting method for the time of day (new specification timer) :
1. Press and release the 'hand symbol' button (4th in from the left).
2. Use + / - buttons to scroll through to the correct time.

Note, the small cook pot symbol wail be permanently displayed.

The timer has 2 relays as long as each relay has a live brown cable and yellow or white the order doesn't matter

Terminals are Live / Neutral and are not affective by polarity (wires can be fitted either way round).
Red = small terminals are not used. Relays are the same for both timers.

I shall finally put it all back tight and push the cooker back.

Thanks again and hope this helps someone else in the future.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back