Cool radiators problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Potteton boiler, fully pumped system, 13 rads. Systme extended with new rads/pipework for an extension.

Have changed the pipework as recommended on this forum, taking out a dead leg and amending some intricate routing on two rads - bathroom rad now heating up nicely, rad furthest from pump still tepid at best. Son's bedroom on same branch as furthest rad still not very efficient.

These two rads are old single panels - whilst I have taken them off an thoroughly flushed with a hose is it possible the flow through these is fouled preventing return? The flow pipes to these radiators get hot.

Every other rad heating to full capacity.

Could there be sludge in the non-warm branch or is there something more Machiavellian like the plumber installed an isolation valve on the old part of the house to ease installing the new part and failed to open the valve fully when installation was complete.

No air in rads (fully bled).

Sponsored Links
It's a basic law of science that water will always take the easiest route available - and it sounds to me that is what is happening in your case. The water is going an easier route than right to the far end of the house.

joe

So lock down every other radiator in the house and give it a blast to see what happens?

Tried that - marginal difference,.

Is it possible that the plumber connected bosides of the rads onto the flow pipe - all hidden now under a fully tiled bathroom?

Sponsored Links
Is it possible that the plumber connected bosides of the rads onto the flow pipe
Get "the plumber" to sort it out. He hasn't finished the job until everything is working properly.

Plumber long gone and I wouldn't want him back. Catalogue of issues.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back